I have strong procrastination tendencies – I sometimes think that if it weren’t for the last possible moment, I wouldn’t get anything done. Better time management and organization have helped me overcome a lot of my delaying habits, but there are some projects and tasks on my to-do list that even now have been put off repeatedly.
In my post Control Your Time and Become a More Successful Artist I mentioned how helpful Michael Hyatt’s blog has been to me in better organizing my time. In a blog post, Hyatt lists reasons we might be procrastinating and suggests understanding why we procrastinate will help us overcome procrastination.
Reasons you procrastinate
- You aren’t clear about your goals.
- You haven’t identified your why.
- You haven’t chunked the project down to bite-size pieces.
- You are distracted by too many tasks.
- You haven’t built in any accountability